POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : tab size settings : Re: tab size settings Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:34:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tab size settings
From: Rune
Date: 6 Aug 2004 11:59:26
Message: <4113aade$1@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:
> XP Home here. Seems that, for me, all new files use the tab setting I
> set, old files (open or not) will retain whatever tab setting they
> previously had. That's about how I always thought it worked, although
> I couldn't guarantee anything.

New files don't even seem to consistently use the changed setting after I
have closed POV-Ray and opened it again. Old files openened before with 3.5
but not before with 3.6 also have the default 8 spaces instead of 3 spaces
as I have always used.

> So if you're trying to get any and all files to use a
> new tab setting when opening other files, or switching
> among ones in the editor, I don't recall that ever
> happening.

That's a pity. I really think I got it to work that way in POV-Ray 3.5 under
Windows 98, because I don't remember having had to change the tab settings
for years.

:(

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com